Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Poetic Risk

Slice of Life - April 10, 2012

Ow! I got a paper cut!
It sliced across my knuckle
It happened when I turned this page.
I'll thank you not to chuckle.

It's true I meant to write this poem,
And writing is like bleeding
But the blood that seeps from out this poet
Does not improve your reading.

So I will rest my pen awhile
To go procure a band-aid
Then I'll return to craft this file
About this mess my hand made.

6 comments:

Tara said...

How wonderful that you can use anything, even an ouchy paper cut, to craft a whimsical poem! Well done...and I hope the bandaid worked!

Cathy said...

That made me smile. There are many risks in writing! I try to keep the bandaids handy.

GirlGriot said...

You made me smile, too. Paper cuts can be such a nuisance, so cool that you turned yours into inspiration!

Seney said...

I did laugh out loud while reading at the computer. I always find that interesting for some reason. I can laugh out loud while reading a book but find it odd to do on a computer. Your poem was delightful!

Jama said...

Thanks, friends. You are such encouragers.

Dana said...

I giggled! :) Clever.