Slice of Life - March 29, 2012
Grrrr! I am working on a piece that I care very much about. I had typed into my second page, really pondering my word choice and building my story piece by piece. But, it is late, and I am tired. I fell into a doze. My fingers rested on the keyboard of my I-Pad, and I erased more than half of my work. Apparently I struggled with that state for quite a while because I pushed "undo" to get as much of it back as I could, but I am still missing half a page. It is past 1:00 in the morning. I have a field trip tomorrow, and I just got an e-mail that a parent who has not paid thinks she has paid and is planning to come along. I am frustrated and weary, and . . . I am just going to bed. Tomorrow will be a better day and a better post. . . I hope. Grrrr!

9 comments:
I'm sorry that happened. The other day, I had completed a post that I spent too much time on and then somehow deleted the entire thing. I was not happy. I'm glad you decided to go to bed rather than spend more time on it tonight. Tomorrow is a new day!
The next post will be better than the one you lost. Those thoughts are not really gone, only from your ipad, they are still rattling around in your brain somewhere:)
This reminds me of my poem post!
I am so used to Word auto saving things for me that I never worried about the fact that I didn't save it before I left work for the day. Wouldn't you know, Word didn't bother to help me out that time.
That is soooo frustrating!
Oh no!
Ok -- so when something similar happened to me (it was my son, though, who started banging on the keyboard), I took a breath and wrote again. I am convinced my second piece was stronger than my first. Really!
Kevin
Losing the carefully chosen words is a killer. I hope you will get a fresh start on rebuilding the piece.
Oh my, hope the field trip went well...I am interested in the mother that hadn't paid but was planning on going. Never dull. I think once you are rested the words will flow again. But be good to yourself, it will come back again (as will a parent that forgot to pay).
Technology does us in sometimes. I know about laying on keys, too. Hope it all comes back to you and the field trip today should be over. Enjoy your evening.
Oh, that is just horrible. Especially when you finally find the perfect words. I can never seem to recreate images a second time. I hope that your field trip went well and that your morning was a fresh start.
Grrr is right ! I hope the trip was fun though
Post a Comment