Slice of Life - March 20, 2012
I meant to post my slice last night
just past the midnight hour
But sand in my eyes obscured my sight
So it was beyond my power.
For hours I sat in my blue chair
Computer on my lap
I tried to write, I do declare,
But my mind would only nap.
At two o'clock when I awoke
Cobwebs still in my head,
I tried to read, but what a joke!
I decided to go to bed.
This morning I come to you, I fear
With only apologies.
My request, if you come near
Is that you will forgive me, please.
Perhaps today my mind will clear
And I'll think of something to say.
For now I'll get my mind in gear
And wish you a good day.

4 comments:
Your poem captures that frustration so well!
Ah, those winding-down days of March, when slicing becomes so tricky. Glad you got some sleep, though, Jama.
You've created a clever poem showing the frustration of missing the deadline. I hope the cobwebs are gone and you are thinking clearly.
I am hitting the wall a bit right now, so I can relate! Great poem; really clever! :)
Post a Comment